Just a quick update today. I am trying to make a very conscious effort not to spend money as we begin to count down to our Eurotrip (that is, if I can ever get my passport taken care of, which is a whole different issue I don’t want to get into.)
- Meal planning: know what my options are so I don’t order pizza in a moment of “I have no idea what to make tonight!” weakness.
- Use coupons. I am not an Extreme Couponer by any means but if the item in question is one I already buy regularly, and I have a coupon, well there ya go. I WILL NOT buy an item I don’t usually use just because I have a coupon.
- Clicking “delete” on all West Elm, Crate & Barrel, Joss and Main, etc e-mails I get (daily!) BEFORE I OPEN THEM so there is NO temptation to pick up a little something “because it’s on sale.”
- Valentine’s day downsize: we will have dinner at home like any other day instead of going to the restaurant we’ve gone to for the past two years.
- Stay in town on the weekend! Yes, we went to Lawrence two weekends ago but I’m going to make a big effort not to run to the next town over just to “get away.” I’ll have to find another coping mechanism for when I get cabin fever. (Suggestions welcomed!)
How do YOU cut corners and pinch pennies?