I’ve lived in my small town for a while now, and have continually been impressed every time I go see I Heard A Lion (myspace, facebook, twitter) perform. Not to mention the guys are friends of mine (and their newest member is my husband).
This summer (or was it spring?) The band headed up to Kansas City and holed themselves up for a few days and made an EP. TONIGHT is the night… the EP release party/concert/jam/free nachos night. In celebration, I have whipped up this board of lion wearables to show my lion pride. (Get it? Pride? That was totally unintentional I swear).
1. Cute of Arms Necklace by modcloth.
2. Gold Lion Earrings by modcloth.
3. Deena & Ozzy Lion Head Mid Stretch Belt on Urban Outfitters.
4. Golden Lion Ornate Spoon Ring by plumbpretty (personal fave of these 5).
5. Mane Man Tee by modcloth. The caption isn’t funny unless you know about the power of the wolf shirt.
Inspiration… it can come from anywhere, can’t it? Well, lately I have been borrowing Dawson’s Creek on DVD from my friend who owns all 6 seasons. As I have been chugging dutifully along before and after work (currently halfway through season 5), I have been longing to go back to Boston (went there for the h-moon) or to visit Cape Cod for the first time. Ironically enough, the nature images in my mind from what I’ve seen on the show are an inaccurate representation of the cape… the show is actually filmed in North Carolina.
All images below have been lovingly plucked from their respective etsy stores, hopefully to encourage some purchases!! All links have been provided below.
1. Bolex H16 Reflex5 8×8 Print by Roosevelt
2. Cape Cod Calendar 2011 Sneak Peek by AfricanGrey (personal fave)
3. 8×10 inches polaroid fine art print by pocketmemories
4. Decorative Throw Pillow Cover Brick Red by asmushomeinteriors
5. Brick red tall ship throw pillow 18 inches by sjones04901
6. Red Birds on a Wired print pillow by carlossantiago
7. Yellow Dory – 5×7 Fine Art Photography print by maryvican