After four days of constant rain here in central Kansas, it is so good to see the sun again.
Spring truly is HERE! Many of the bare trees are springing forth with white or purple flowers and green leaves. Let me tell you. All the dead brown grass and bare trees and cold weather made me an unhappy girl indeed. Now that GREEN is appearing everywhere I look, I feel as if my heart is coming back to life as well.
On Sunday, before the rain rolled in, we planted some seeds in the flowerbed that runs along the front of the house. I am by no means a gardener. So this is really a toss-up to see if anything will spring up. Since the front yard is very sunny most of the day, We planted california poppies, zinnias, and something else that I can’t remember. I know with the zinnias and the unremembered plant, we probably won’t see a ton of action this year–they should grow into bushes several feet high eventually, but I don’t expect much from them this summer. Can’t wait to see the poppies though! Let’s hope that this weekend is hot enough to get ’em sprouting up! Speaking of this weekend, after the rain and a slow work week, I am ready to get out and about and get stuff done! And by “stuff” I mean…
- Buy a new pair of sandals
- Attend an abolitionist meeting at church (learn more)
- Grill out with our former neighbors
- Go out to eat with the hubbins
- Play with Mosey in the yard (he can actually catch a frisbee!)
- Watch the dandelions spring up in the yard
- Do absolutely nothing about said dandelions ;)