I’m such a follower. Sherry and John posted their huge to-do list of things for their new house and it immediately got me in list-making overdrive. I’ll even link to a list-related (?) song you can open in a new tab and listen to while reading the rest of my post ;) Lisztomania
If I owned the apartment I’m living in, I would make lots of expensive changes. Then I’d live here for the rest of my life and die happy. The list is daunting and the dollar signs would rack up quickly so I didn’t even try to estimate.
- Install new, modern, insulated windows
- Knock out the weird column unit in the kitchen (can be glimpsed at left edge of this pictue) and make the counter wrap around to the wall with the window.
- Re-refinish the floors (someone did it at one point and the finish is peeling up pretty much all over)
- Install electrical outlets in the bathroom and replace some areas where the tile is messed up
- Add hardware to the other two transom windows (like this one) so they open to the hallway
- Re-caulk the tub
- Refinish the kitchen and office cabinets (including boiling the old paint off all the hardware)
- Paint all the trim in the place one uniform color.